7th Annual World War II at Freedoms Foundation of Valley Forge May 6th & 7th 2017
Due to WWII Weekends remarkable growth we have chosen a larger location at the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge. We will continue to offer a exciting step back into the 1940’s & WWII with reenactment units setting up camp on the grounds for the weekend and engaging in a mock battle on Saturday and Sunday.
The purpose of our World War II weekend is the education of our visitors, especially the younger generation, of the courage of our soldiers, the sacrifices they make, and the hardships they endure. Our mock battle is exciting, but can also be loud and scary; although war is often romanticized, we hope our visitors come away with an appreciation of how frightening and brutal armed conflict was – and is – and understand the bravery of those who need to defend our freedoms.
This is a wonderful opportunity for your involvement and to honor those in the military – both past and present. We hope you consider joining us on May 6th & 7th 2017.!!!
This is a rain or shine event.
There will be:
- WWII Living History Reenactors & Displays
- Reenactment battles on the fields of the Freedoms Foundation
- Military Vendors
- Richard DeSimone (Frank Sinatra Show)
- 18 Piece West Chester Swing Kings Band
- 1940 Swing Dance in the Ballroom
- Period Display of Military Vehicles
- Great Food
- Luminaries for fallen vets of all wars
- WWII Survivors
- Guest Speakers
- .. and much more!