Friday, September 10: FEMA Major Disaster Declaration - Hurricane Ida
Posted on Monday September 13, 2021
On Friday, September 10 FEMA announced that federal disaster assistance has been made available to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to supplement recovery efforts in the areas affected by Hurricane Ida.
On Friday, September 10 the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that federal disaster assistance has been made available to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to supplement commonwealth and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by Hurricane Ida from August 31 to September 5, 2021.
The major disaster declaration through FEMA will provide federal funding and services to eligible individuals and households through the Individual Assistance
program and impacted communities through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
I'm a Horsham Resident Who Was Affected - How Do I Apply for FEMA Assistance?
• Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
• Call the application phone number at 1-800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585)
• Download the FEMA App
• Apply in person at a Disaster Recovery Center
If residents have insurance, they should file a claim with their insurance company immediately. FEMA assistance cannot aid with losses already covered by insurance.
We encourage Horsham Township residents to:
1. Take photos of your damaged home and belongings;
2. Make a list of damaged/lost items;
3. File a claim with their insurance company if they have insurance;
4. Report property damage through both Montgomery County AND Horsham Township
5. Keep receipts of costs incurred due to displacement.
Fact Sheet: Individual Assistance
Brochure: Help After a Disaster
The Hurricane Ida Crisis Cleanup Hotline has been established for residents who have sustained damage and need help with cutting fallen trees, removing affected drywall, flooring, and appliances, tarping roofs, and mold remediation. Call the Hotline at 844-965-1386